Search This Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2009

A little Birdie


Last week I had club and then I was off to the Missouri Middle School Association at Tan Tara in Osage Beach Mo. Saturday was icky. It was cold, raining and dreary. I guess it was good I was inside and going to meetings. On Sunday afternoon the sun came out as we headed for home( near St.Louis).

At home today is was 70 degrees and beautiful. So when I got home I had lots to do, but this card so reminds me of spring. Just the other day there was a bird setting on my deck.




Supplies used are D1338 Bird Basics, X7108B Day Dream, and D1280 Spot on Backgrounds.


The bird is made using a kissing technique. The solid shape of the bird(D1338 Bird Basics) is inked in Spring Iris and then it is stamped on the Spot on Background to remove the color where the light dots are. I thought it was a cool affect.. The tail is cut separate and then glued down. The ribbon is between the tail and the bird body. The bird's body is pop-dotted to give it some dimension. The background Chocolate paper is textured and sanded.

Thanks for looking

Always find your happy place.

Roxie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW ROXIE!! What a really fabulous creation!! I love that beautiful birdie!!

Unknown said...

Very cute card...guess that means on my next order I'll have to get bird basics, LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails