Search This Blog

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Lets make a Santa Box

A friend of mine had a box similar to this that she made at a class and I thought I can do that.

Today I made 4 of them as well as some cards that I will share with you tomorrow. I know Christmas is just around the corner, but I am forever a procrastinator so I am still busy busy busy.

Now you are wondering how is he made?? He is easy.

Below are the tool that I used to create all of the pieces.
Step 1 was to cut the shape of the beard. I used a Quick Cuts die. Then used a Cuttle Bug Embossing folder to add the dry embossed design.

The next picture shows the white as well as pink cut with the same Quick cuts die in Pink and I cut it in 1/2. There is also a pink circle that will be the mouth when it is finished.
The picture below shows that next step in constructing our Santa. I created a pattern for the mustache.
The nose is from a tag punch and I only used half of it.


The eyes use 2 different sizes of circle punch. The pink eye lids are the same size as the white of the eyes. I used a white opaque pen to add the details to the eyes. The white on top will become the fur of his hat. It is large white circles cut with Spellbinder Nestabilities, put through the cuttle bug embossing folder, and then cut in 1/2.
The hat should have been easy, but it took a few tries to get the right measurements. The width depends on the size of the die you are using and I used 3 5/8 by 5 inches. I found the center and cut up from each corner to the middle
I curled the hat down and secured it with glue dots and then added another circle and bell to the hat.


The box is a 2,5,7,10 box.
I took a 81/2 by 11 and cut it down to 6 X 11 ( this may be different depending on the size die you used for the basic face.) I followed the basic instructions that SplitCoast Stampers have on their site. They are very good and show pictures.
So I put the paper horizontal and scored at 2, 5, 7, and 10. The I turned it vertical and scored at 2 inches. The next step is to fold on the score marks, 2, 5, 7, and 10. There will be some cutting on the bottom to create a closed end.

All paper is Close T o My Heart.
Thanks for stopping in. I hope you liked it.

Christmas is only 5 days away!!!!!!
Roxie

1 comment:

Barb said...

Very cute, Roxie!! BTW - I thought I was a "Follower" of your blog, but I wasn't showing... weird!! Merry Christmas!! Hugs, Barb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails